The Gustafson Health Foundation promotes the acquisition of healthy habits in children and young people with the aim of reducing childhood obesity in Spain and Europe through economical support, information and activities. We plan to do this by establishing educational and interactive programs with the best professionals in the fields of nutrition, psychology and sport, workshops, events and fundraising.
Children and their families will receive support and education to create healthy eating habits and live an active lifestyle. Thus, building healthy nutrition in the family, school and community spheres. The foundation will also promote and enhance the performance of physical activity through sports, games, physical exercise and recreational activities.
For the duration of two months, the foundation will sponsor three to five children who are overweight or obese, and help them change their habits for a healthier life.
During the two months of each sponsorship, thanks to various programs and aid that the foundation will provide, the child (and their family) will be able to enjoy the following activities:
- Support from the foundation and from parents. The parents and foundation will accompany the children and participate in the entire period established in order to provide full support.
- Meetings with a nutritionist every two weeks and monthly therapy sessions with a psychologist specialised in work with children. This will provide therapy and a better understanding of nutrition to children and families.
- Financial support for all families, contributed by the Foundation and allocated to the payment of monthly invoices that will help the families buy healthy foods that are relevant in each case.
- Healthy cooking class. This will be in person and later online, through which the children will learn to eat and cook in a healthy and fun way. This activity will teach children about nutrition and how eating healthy can be delicious and fun.
- Physical trainer who will offer a personalised training program, varying with the characteristics and faculties of each child. This will help the children lose weight in a healthy way by teaching them that physical exercise also plays an important role in a healthier life.
- Videos and educational programs.